8.22.2017

A Week in the Woods - camping photo diary

Hi guys! Like I mentioned before (in an instagram post) I'm going to be sharing some photos I took from my camping trip the other week. I went to Julian with my best friend and her family and we stayed at a campground up in the mountains! Let me start off my saying it was hot. It was so fricken hot. Okay now that that's out of the way, I wanna talk about some stuff we did.

There's a pond here for fishing (it's catch and release) and the roads wind through the entire camp so you can ride bikes. I think the last time I rode a bike was the last time we went camping and that was like 5 years ago so trying to climb the hills was HARD. AKA we got off our bikes and pushed them up because we couldn't do it without our legs giving out.

We slept in tents which is always fun, except for the giant hole in the door that I had to sew, which was not fun. The first night there was full of swatting gnats away while trying to get some sleep. The nights were actually pretty cold which I wasn't expecting! We didn't put a tarp over our tent (thank goodness it didn't rain) so we could see the stars through the net which was nice. I couldn't believe how many stars there were. That's not really something you pay attention to when you live in the city since they aren't that visible anyways.
Oh! And the ants up there are like the size of a penny!! Okay I might be exaggerated a little bit there, but they really are huge. Trust me.

Overall, the trip was fun and I can't wait to go camping again!! I miss it already.

Here are some of the pictures I took. Enjoy!!













I have a lot more pictures to post but I don't want to make this suuuper long so I'll be posting the rest of the photos in another blog post that will go up later this week! 
Thanks for reading!! 
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment