4.26.2017

Easy Banana Bread Recipe

Hey y'all! Today I'm going to share with you my favorite banana bread recipe!
A little fact about me is that I am actually allergic to bananas, so I technically can't eat this. (although sometimes I have a little slice since my allergy is mild) BUT, I used to eat this before I found out I was allergic and I loved it. It's a family favorite and the loaf is usually gone within a day at our house!

Original recipe courtesy of Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger.




This recipe makes 1 loaf and will take around 1 hour to cook. Prep time is about 20-30 minutes.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2  teaspoon vanilla* 
*not necessary but we add it to ours 

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 325°. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch bread pan.
  • In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and the butter. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each. 
  • In a small ball, mash the banana. Mix in cinnamon and milk. 
  • In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 
  • Add the banana mix to the creamed butter/sugar and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until flour disappears. 
  • Pour into bread pan. 
  • Bake for 1 hour to an hour and 10 minutes. (check with a toothpick until it comes out clean) 
I seriously love adding chocolate chips to my banana bread so if that sounds like something you'd want to try then add 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or more.. i'm not going to judge you) to the batter before you pour it into the pan!

As always, let me know if you make this recipe and tag me on instagram if you do! 

Thanks for reading ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment