6.13.2017

Rustic Apple Tart

Today I'm going to be sharing one of my favorite dessert recipes! I love apple pie but I'm not really ever in the mood to actually make an apple pie, so I make this instead! It's much easier and definitely just as tasty!








This recipe makes two tarts!!

Ingredients:
  •  Betty Crocker pie crust mix** (because I'm lazy) 
  • 4 cups peeled + sliced apples 
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 egg, beaten 
  • sugar (to top) 
** I usually use Pillsbury pie crust dough but they didn't have it at the store.

Directions: 
  • Make your dough, form into 2 balls and refrigerate while you prepare the filling
  • Peel and slice apples
  • Preheat oven to 350°
  • Put apples in large bowl. Add in sugars, flour, salt cinnamon and vanilla.
  • Mix together so all apples are coated
  • Roll out dough 
  • Put mixture in center of the dough and fold edges over 
  • In a separate bowl, beat egg and brush onto edges of dough. Sprinkle sugar over top 
  • Bake in oven for 55 minutes
  • Take out when crust is golden brown. 
Top it off with some whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!! 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment