7.27.2017

Icy Peach Sorbet

Okay so I know I just did a dessert recipe last week, and I KNOW it was also a peach recipe, but this is just too good not too share. Peaches are in season right now, obviously, so I've been eating way more than my fair share this summer. I've also had a ridiculous sweet tooth lately.. has anyone else? Just me? thought so.

Having a sweet tooth is fine, but when you have one every single day it gets to a point where you just need to stop... or just come up with some healthier dessert options! Which is what I did, or rather, what I'm trying to do.

I thought a sorbet was a good place to start since, 1. I'm trying to cut out most dairy products, and 2. It's summer!! Who doesn't want to eat some cold fruity sorbet or popsicles?? Definitely a no brainer.



Keep reading to find out the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • 5 peaches (frozen) 
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3/4 cup sugar (or less if you want to make it healthier) ((if you do this make sure you match the water))
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice  
** I want to point out that I know this isn't exactly "healthy" because of all the sugar, but there are peaches.. so it's healthier than say, ice cream or cake or something.

Directions:
  1. Peel and slice peaches
  2. Make simple syrup by putting water + sugar in a pot (with the stove on medium). Stir until sugar is dissolved. 
  3. Put peaches and simple syrup in a blender. Add lemon juice. (i'd start with 1 tsp of lemon juice). BLEND!!!!
  4. After blending, taste it and make sure it's to your liking. You can add more lemon juice if desired, and blend again. 
  5. Pour into a loaf pan (or whatever you want) and put in the freezer. 
  6. Let it freeze for an hour and then stir with a fork. Continuing stirring every 30 minutes until frozen to your liking. 
This recipe is done without using an ice cream maker, so it's a lot icier than it would be if you had used the ice cream maker. (if you want to do that, message me and I'll let you know how to do it that way!)

If you want to make popsicles, just pour the mix into popsicle molds and freeze! 

Thanks so much for reading, 
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment