2.01.2017

Holiday Mandarin Orange Jello

For my first official blog post, I'm going to share a jello recipe with y'all that we have every single year on Christmas. My grandma is usually the one that makes it, but this year I thought I would attempt to make it myself (without a recipe). And I know it isn't Christmas anymore but you can really make this whenever you want.. it isn't holiday exclusive and I sure wouldn't mind eating this every single day. Enjoy!




Ingredients:

  • 1 6 oz Orange jell-o mix & 1 3 oz orange jell-o mix (if you use something smaller than a casserole dish or you just aren't really a jell-o fan you can just use the 6 oz mix) 
  • 1 8 oz  cream cheese
  • 2 15 oz cans of mandarin oranges (the amount is really your call.. we like a lot of them in there but if you're not really a fan you can use less)
  • 2 cups of cool whip*
  • 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla 
*You can try using homemade whipped cream if you'd like, I'm sure it will still taste good. 

Directions:
  • Make the jell-o and pour into a casserole dish (You can use a bowl as long as the sides don't rise too much) 
  • Let it sit in the fridge for 15-30 min until it is a bit firm
  • Pour the mandarin oranges into the jell-o. You may want to dice them up before pouring them. 
  • Let sit for 30 minutes or until firm. You don't want it to be too soft when you put the whipped cream on top, but you don't want it so firm that the topping will just slide off. 
  • You'll want to let the cream cheese sit out while you make the jell-o so it will be easier to mix! 
  • Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Fold in cool whip.
  • Spread the topping on the jell-o and cover the dish with saran wrap. Let sit in the fridge for at least a few hours (I recommend leaving it over night).
That's all! I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you make it!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment