2.27.2017

Colourpop Ultra Satin Lippies

I got some Colourpop lippies for Christmas and let me tell you, I was excited. I've been wanting to try their products for years (I've used some friends lipstick by them before). I could not wait to get my hands on these babies.



Bichette (top), Lost (middle), Calyspo (bottom)

 I got two ultra satins, Lost and Calypso, and a lip pencil to go with Lost. Lost (the red) is gor-geous. GORGEOUS I TELL YOU. Calypso is a pinky brown nude shade which is obviously totes pretty. It's a nude.. what else do I even need to say about that? These went on SO smooth. Unbelievably smooth. The colors were absolutely stunning and so pigmented. The color pay out is truly too good for this price.



I have never ever found a red that has looked good on me. Ever. I've bought countless shades of red, different brands, different undertones and nada. I wasn't sure if this one would just like all the other red hues I've donned but I thought it was worth it to try. This shade blew me away. It compliments my skin tone so well that I think this is going to be my holy grail red. I don't ever want to look for another red shade ever again. Lost left quite the stain on my lips. I'm not going to complain about this though because that is almost expected in a dark lippie. It also means that when the color fades I'll still have some color left! :-)




Nude lipsticks never sit well with me, honestly. They never look like the shade in the bottle or even the swatch on my hand, and this was no exception. Despite it looking different than I was expecting, I still love the color. It has more of a beige-y, purple look rather than a nude mid-tone pink. This shade was fairly easy to remove and it left little-to-no stain on my lips or my hand. 


I also got the lippie pencil in "Bichette". This is almost a perfect match for Lost, thought it has a bit more of a pinky undertone rather than a red. I know in the swatch photo it looks a lot more pink but when its actually on your lips it's darker. This was pretty pigmented as well and goes on smooth. My only complaint is that this came with the lid off and the pencil broken. I've also been having the hardest time trying to sharpen it. It just breaks when it gets half sharpened and I have to start over. (I currently have it half sharpened with a rigid tip)


Overall, I really really liked these and will definitely be purchasing more colors in the future. These shades and presumably other shades are definitely worth it as they're only $6 a pop. (lippie pencil is $5)

No comments:

Post a Comment