3.12.2017

First Aid Beauty and Thayer's Review

Hi guys! Today's post is going to be all about skin care. I picked up these products around December because my skin was just not at it's best. It was so dry and tight and just.. not good.

To get some background information on my skin, I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. I also get dry patches due to me using acne-targeted products on my problem areas.

So, since my moisturizer wasn't really cutting it for my day-to-day life, I bought the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. This product claims that it's for "sensitive" skin so I was immediately drawn to it.

First impression: Kind of a weird smell? Right after applying it to my face, my skin was instantly smoother (and the smell went away). When I noticed glycerin in the ingredients i chalked it up to that, but after doing some research on the ingredients I found out that there is silicon in it. (Silicon is used in a lot of moisturizers because it locks the moisture in your skin.) The silicon fills in all your pores and gives you a completely smooth base perfect for putting foundation over!

After using it for about 2 weeks, I noticed my skin getting a lot smoother. My makeup was going on a lot smoother and there weren't as much dry patches (hooray!). I think this is a good moisturizer for the winter, but it's probably going to be a bit too strong for the summer and I'll switch back to my old moisturizer. I do plan on keeping this in my bag for my eczema, so I'll let you guys know if it works for that as well :) fingers crossed!!

The Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner I bought is alcohol free (thank goodness.. I don't need any more dryness) and has rose petal oil in it. I was a little skeptical about the rose petal as I have sensitive skin and I was not sure if that would break me out, but I tried it anyways since I absolutely love the smell of roses.

First Impression: This stuff smells exactly the way I imagined (amazing!). When I applied it to my skin it felt nice and it made me realize how much dirt and makeup my face wash was neglecting to remove (yuck). 

After using this for a while now, I don't think I will be repurchasing when it's empty. It seems to not really be helping or harming my face and the $10 just doesn't seem worth it to me! I will say that this lasts a good amount of time, I started using it in early December and only like 1/4 of it gone.

Do you guys have any holy grail products you love? Would love some recommendations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment