12.18.2018

Peppermint Sugar Cookies

Merry Christmas!! Oh wait sorry its not Christmas yet.. but it is going to be here soooo soon! It's only a week away which is absolutely crazy to me. I feel like I haven't done anything Christmassy and all I've done is work. So for the next week I'm going to try and slow down and relax a bit so I can try and enjoy the season.

But anyways! I recently made some Christmas cookies and I thought this would be the perfect recipe to share with you all so you can make them too!

The sugar cookie recipe was from Two Sisters and I cut the recipe in half because ain't nobody got time to make THAT many cookies. And besides I have like 2 other cookie recipes to make within the next week so I can't be having a billion of them at once!

Because I linked the recipe I'm not going to bore you and write it all out! But I will share the recipe for the peppermint buttercream frosting that was on top of them!






Ingredients

  • 2 sticks of butter, salted (room temp)
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract (to taste) 
  • 2 tablespoons milk 
  • vanilla extract
Directions
  • Cream the butter in a mixing bowl
  • Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, mixing well after each one. 
  • Add the milk and the peppermint extract
  • Taste and add more peppermint or vanilla depending on the taste you want. I added a splash of vanilla (the leftover vanilla I had left in the bottle) and it was the perfect mix of minty and sweet. 
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe and let me know if you make it yourself! I want to see your creations!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment