1.23.2019

Cheesy Chicken + Spinach Pasta

Howdy y'all!

Welcome to another installation of Cooking with Sammi!!! Today we're making pasta! Who doesn't love pasta? It's actually one of the best things on earth.

I'd first like to start out by saying I only took one picture from the actual cooking process because the chicken for some reason was giving me so much trouble and I was just frustrated and totally over taking any photos. So you get one picture of the cooking and then a picture of the final product!

Oh and btw this pasta is actually incredible. I'm beyond proud of myself for making something that tastes this good (without using a recipe). Like I just made this up.. Amazing.




Ingredients


  • jack cheese (grated) ((should be about 3 cups))
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 cup milk 
  • chicken (I used chicken thighs but I recommend using chicken breasts instead) 
  • a bag of spinach honestly
  • pepper 
  • garlic salt 
  • thyme 
  • salt
  • pasta of your choice (I used penne) 
Directions

  • I started off by cooking the pasta. (Boil water, add pasta, cook for 10 minutes).
  • Then I cooked the chicken in a pan on the stove on medium high. I seasoned the thighs with garlic salt, pepper, ad thyme on both sides and cooked it until they were a little brown on each side. 
  • Cook the spinach in some olive oil in a pan and add to pasta. Now I only had half a bag of spinach which obviously wasn't enough so I recommend using an entire bag if you plan on making this. 
  • Cut up the chicken into small squares and throw into spinach/pasta mix. 
  • For the sauce you will melt a tbsp of butter. Once it's melted, add the 2 tbsp of flour and stir util its smooth. 
  • Add the milk and keep stirring until thick and creamy. Season to your liking. I put a bit of pepper and the tiniest pinch of salt. Like barely any salt. 
  • Add the grated cheese bit by bit and stir until it's all melted. Once it's melted to your liking pour over the pasta mix and mix it up completely. 
  • Voila! The cheesiest yummiest pasta to ever exist! 
Also sorry this post is a day late! Was a very busy hectic day yesterday! 

Thank you for reading! See ya next week 

No comments:

Post a Comment