6.12.2019

May Favorites + Life Update

Hello friends! It's finally June aka summer and I couldn't be happier about it! Though I think deep down the only reason I like summer is because winter is not far behind. You guys know what winter means, right? Christmas! The most wonderful time of the year!

No but really, I'm excited for the warmth and going to the beach and basking in the sunshine. Apparently the sun hasn't gotten the memo yet though because the June gloom has been in full force this week it seems. The weather will be warm soon enough!

On another note, I have been having a creative itch lately. I want to create and make art more than I ever have before. Building up the courage or even the energy to get started is hard though, especially with everything going on. Here I am though. Making the effort. Getting things done. I'm very proud of myself.

Sitting at my desk right now and writing all of this out is fueling the fire inside me. I feel very content and after this I'm going to go paint something. I don't know what, but I'm gonna try! I've never been good at drawing or painting things. My creativity usually comes through in other ways. And hey! If my painting isn't totally and completely awful I'll probably end up sharing it here!

Something else I've been yearning to do is get out and take some photos! I feel like the last time I even held my camera was on my camping trip :-( That makes me very sad to be honest. I think I haven't felt inspired to take any pictures since some (most) of the film I got developed turned out horribly. I still have a couple more rolls and hopefully those aren't as bad but, honestly I don't even want to see in fear that those are messed up as well.

I'll gain the courage someday. Maybe that day will be soon. But for now, I'll take pictures with my polaroid. Which is just as fun and almost better since I get the photos right away!

Anyways, enough updates for one post I think. On with the favorites!

The first thing I've been loving is fruit. Yes, fruit. That may seem weird but I've been eating a lot of fruits and drinking a lot of smoothies lately and I just can't get enough of them! So good and so good for you! It makes me not want actual sweets anymore actually which is a little added bonus!

smoothie bowl with granola

Second thing, the color pink. Another weird one honestly but, I'm drawn to everything pink. Heck.. even my hair is pink now! I just think that soft blush tones are so pretty as decor. It's soft enough that it's not too overpowering but still brings the perfect amount of color into a room!




Next up we have an ice roller! I got mine off of amazon and it's life changing. You just freeze the roller and take it out when you're going to use it and ta-da! The most relaxing thing ever. It's supposed to help with rejuvenation and sore muscles. I got mine to help relieve sinus pressure and to help with my TMJ pains! This is honestly the coolest thing I have ever purchased.

The next and final thing is something very important. I used to not use this and have finally come to my senses and use it everyday if I'm going to be outside at all. Sunscreen! I always hated the way sunscreen felt on my skin but this one is really great and I don't even notice it. The only problem is that it has an insane white cast so I do have to wear foundation over it when I wear it or else I'll look like a zombie. I use the La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral sunscreen. It's the SPF 50 and it's for the face and body!



That's all for my favorites last month! Thanks so much for reading and sticking around y'all.




No comments:

Post a Comment