4.19.2019

Visalia Camping Trip

The past couple months have been crazy and this last week has been even crazier. Even though I just got back from vacation I feel completely drained and I'm hoping to get out of that funk soon. But for now I'm going to share with you all some pictures I took on my trip! It was such a great time and being away from social media and being away from..people...was refreshing. 



My boyfriend and I drove up to Visalia for a truck meet and camped out with a bunch of his buddies and we had the best time! I miss it already. I truly wish I was still there right now.. (even though I fell in the snow and had a hornet with us in the car while we were driving up the mountain).


While we were up there, we decided to drive up to the Sequoias to see General Sherman Tree! All of the trees up there are absolutely incredible but that one is an entirely different story. If you've seen it then you know what I mean!




Now I was not expecting there to be snow so the fact that we saw some, even if it was melting, was so cool! I've never been in snow in my entire life, except for when I was a baby, but that doesn't count.  I loved every second of the slush we all walked around on (and filled our ice chests with). I'm thinking this winter calls for a real snow trip.. what do you guys think? 





My boyfriend and I also slept inside his truck which was very new to me as I'm very much a tent camping kind of gal. I need space to move around! But the truck bed was super comfortable, maybe even more comfortable than a tent? 



Do you guys sleep in a tent? Or do you go full blown outdoorsy camping sleeping under the stars with nothing but a sleeping bag? That would be interesting to try.. I don't think I could do it because of all the bugs. or a bear! could you imagine. heck no. 

Bears were something I was very concerned about the first night here. I thought if we even had a single crumb a bear would be knocking on the doors trying to get it. I even considered tossing my deodorant in the trash because it's citrus scented and I read bears like that! But alas, there were no bears in sight (thankfully). It turned out that I had nothing to worry about and bears didn't actually live around that area.. they were more so 10 miles up from our camp.


I deeply regret not taking my film camera with me on this trip so I edited all my photos to have that film feel! I hope you enjoy them! I'm also FINALLY in the process of getting all of my old film developed so I'm excited to share those within the next month or so! 

I hope you enjoyed this post and as always thank you so much for reading! Now you guys have got to let me know, what's your favorite place to camp? I've got the itch to go camping this summer and I'm looking for some new spots! Let me know in the comments down below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment