11.21.2018

Cinnamon Apple Topper Recipe

Now I'm a big breakfast fan. I don't necessarily like making breakfast, but I sure do like eating it. This recipe is one of my faves for a quick breakfast. It can be used for many different things, but my favorite way to eat them is on top of oatmeal.

You could also use it on top of pancakes or waffles, ice cream, hell even throw it on top of a pork chop for some savory sweet goodness!

Here's the recipe.

Ingredients
  • 5 apples peeled and sliced
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1/2 cup tightly packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (you can just use nutmeg if you want)
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions:

Before you start, make sure you mix all of the dry ingredients before hand so your apples don't get too brown!


Next you're going to peel and slice the apples and put them in a ziploc bag (or a container) and toss them in the coating you made earlier. Make sure all of the apples are coated. 


They'll look like this after you toss them! After you finish coating them, fill a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of butter. Do this on medium heat. After the butter has melted a tiny bit I pour the apples in and stir. Cook them for about 10 minutes or until soft. You'll want to keep stirring every once in a while to make sure the apples cook evenly. 


Voila! Your cinnamon apples are cooked and ready to eat or ready to store for a treat later! I like to keep mine in a mason jar in the fridge. 

Now beware! Your house will smell INCREDIBLE while these are cooking. It smells like fall. They also are probably going to take more than 10 minutes btw. It's different every time I make them so 10 minutes it's just the minimum amount I would do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment